Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Is this theory valid?
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 8858
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 7/15/2001 10:17 PM

Dear John,

1. Thanks for sharing with us the information.

I have short write-up which I written quite sometime back on this. The URL is at:
https://www.geomancy.net/fs/pakua.htm

Please see below (my comments):-

On 7/15/2001 12:03:00 PM, John Low wrote:
>Please kindly verify this (got
>it from another website):

In my opinion, it is best not to `verify' what was written at another site but rather; I feel that it would be better to bring out two differing camps - the `issues' relating to this subject.

And that, in my opinion there are no right or wrong answers. Ultimately, each of us, should form our own opinion.

Yes, there are two opposing views:

1. One view is that it can be used to either ward off evil or used against `Sha Qi' or poison arrows.

Within this camp, some FS practitioners may agree with using it to ward off evil and/or `Sha Qi'.

While some FS practitioners may only agree with either it being used to ward off evil or used only against `Sha Qi'.

2. Some FS practitioners may feel that using Ba Gua mirror is simply " Bull-shit ".

>There's alot of supersition
>surrounding the bagua symbol.
>Even the average Chinese
>person assumes that its a
>"mirror" to reflect back evil.
>It doesn't really reflect back
>"anything".

If I read the words correctly, the central argument is that it "does not reflect back anything i.e. reflect back evil".

Yes, in my opinion, I also feel that it does not reflect back evil.

The main situation why some FS practitioners may perhaps be improperly quoted is that they feel that the Ba Gua mirror should not be placed inside the home.

The reason is that the "First Heaven Sequence" mirror (reference: https://www.geomancy.net/fs/pakua.htm ) can be considered to be kinda of - "too Yang" to be placed inside a normal home. (For example, it is acceptable to be placed inside a temple, this is acceptable.) As a temple is considered a depository of people's sorrow/problems etc...

The above is one view-point. Because, of the suggestion that it should not be placed in side the home, some FS practitioners may perhaps, conclude that these " FS practitioners" may have wrongly interpreted as it being bad as it can `bounce back evil'.

The Ba Gua mirror, is not an evil thing and how come, it can `bounce back evil'? Perhaps, there is some misunderstanding of it here.

>The bagua you see on these
>mirrors is the Fu Xi Bagua,
>which is the first bagua (the
>bagua changes like the
>I-Ching). It is the bagua of
>Death, of the Invisible World,
>before the world manifested
>into the mundane. Its purpose
>is to take negative chi and
>put into its perfect state,
>which is, in Taoism,
>nothingness.
>
>If you look at the Fu Xi Bagua
>you will see the chyan trigram
>at the top and the kun trigram
>at the bottom. Jen trigram is
>in the bottom left and gen
>trigram is the bottom right,
>etc. The lines of all opposite
>trigrams add up to 9, which
>means completion. All trigrams
>are complimentary opposites
>symbolically.

This Fu Xi Bagua or also known as the First Heaven sequence has trigram arrangement that `picture perfect' in that the opposite trigram shows a relationship to each other. So you have: Heaven to Earth; Wind to Thunder; Water to Fire; Mountain to Lake.

>If you wish to turn an
>external shar chi into
>"nothingness" you may turn it
>upside down so that chyan is
>at the bottom. Chyan, which
>often symbolizes a sword will
>fight back the shar chi. You
>place it inside the house BUT
>the mirror is turned around
>against the wall as though its
>power is going thru the wall
>out to the external shar chi.
>That way you dont see the
>bagua inside your house.
>Because, we all know, one
>shouldnt never see a bagua
>inside a house.

Frankly, there are many interpretations on the use of the Ba Gua and above is one of them.

In the `East' it is common to find religious practitioners `apply' the Ba Gua trigram or even simple mirrors to the homes of their followers.

Toaist priests have often gone to homes to `bless them'. You can see mirrors and yellow charms pasted above the doors. (Do note that these charms are used to `ward-off evil or bad luck'.

As the Ba Gua trigrams are an intergral part in Toaism, the use of it can be diverse.

If one is interested in finding out more about the trigrams, one can get hold of books on I-Ching. There are quite a number of these books nowadays.

Books interpreted from the original I-Ching book especially by James Legge etc... in the past, have a chapter on the `First Heaven Sequence' and `Later Heaven Sequence.'.

On how, the two Trigrams (Ba Gua symbols) came about.

The famous Chinese - Confucious had said that if he had lived another 50 years, he would have devoted his time to "try and understand the I-Ching".

Thus, it would not be fair for anyone to `speak their mind' for or against the various methods on the use of the Ba Gua symbols.

It would be fairer to look at two opposing camps without `jumping to personal conclusions'

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

P.S. Appreciate, if you do not `quote' what I had mentioned here to other forums or to the owner of the website without my express permission.

In my opinion, there are lots of FS practitioners "who do not like to hear what they do not like to hear". And create lots of `bad energies' bad mouthing others...

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources