Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Metal bed & other questions
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 5747
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 4/25/2000 10:07 PM

Dear Anon,

1. I understand proper understanding of Feng Shui can be quite confusing.

2. As it is there are authentic Feng Shui theories and many others generated by modern man.

3. Even when we talk about authentic Feng Shui, some can work for MOST of us, some can work for only a FEW people. Others, sounds sensible but may not work all the time.

4. Faced with such a situation, what should we do if we want to continue to apply Feng Shui?

5. The most sensible approach is to:

5.1. Try to apply the theories or concepts that works best for most people.

Here, one has to discern and read up. As there are already a huge resources of geninue questions posted and replied on.

For those who have the time can go thru them and see what generally works. And some which may belong to superstitions or taboos.

Some other theories, perhaps are too general to be applied.

6. Next, should one become confused as to the pile and pile of Feng Shui information, thus set Rankings or Priorities

7. I always try to set rankings or priorities so that we can then see which theory or concept is more important than others.

8. Thus to answer your question as to whether a bed has to be wooden or metal, or use of folding metal bed; we should understand that these are `secondary' to Feng Shui.

Making such decisions as to use a wooden bed, sleep on the floor etc.. does not provide the `Quantum leap' in Feng Shui.

9. I mentioned that 50 percent of the battle with `bad Feng Shui' is won by having a good house with good shapes and form.

10. Thus whether a bed is metal, wood, or even a water bed are `peanuts' Feng Shui.

We have to always look at the bigger picture.

Please see below:-

On 4/25/00 7:12:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
>dEAR cECIL,
>Thanks for your replies to my
>queries.
>Tell me, can one be affected
>by the kind of bed one sleeps
>on? Should one sleep on a
>wooden bed only, or can one
>also use a folding metal bed?

11. As mentioned above, these are secondary to Feng Shui.

12. There are some Feng Shui practitioners whom I feel have nothing better to do and even go as far as arguing about box beds.

13. As these beds have springs, they argue the amount of metal that goes into them.

14. It is like a Chief Executive Officer, who is paid to make big decisions, come to a point of deciding on taking on the job of reimbursing petty cash of a few dollars to all the staff. Where say, the total petty cash disbursed is up to $50 per month.

15. Is it silly for staff to make an appointment, line up at his office to be reimbursed 50 cents etc...

16. Perhaps, wouldn't it be more fruitful for him to delegate this to his subordinate.

>How does one find out whether
>an area has too much earth or
>metal or water, etc? And how
>does one balance the areas?

17. For balancing sectors, the Flying Star theory can help to determine the various elements at a sector.

18. At Geomany.net, we had a long-time ago, computerised this and sectors that are out of balanced are feedback under the report.

19. Cures are specific to the sector such as the use of 6 metal coins etc...

20. Alternatively, if one consults a FS practitioner, usually the practitioner will advise on the type of `cure' or `balance' to be used.

21. We help our report users, should they need assistance or help with their `cures'.

>When I sleep, I am directly
>under the ceiling fan. Any +ve
>or -ve effects?

22. This may be a controversial subject. Some Feng Shui practitioners, in my opinion, if they have nothing else to comment, may spell out `doomsday' messages of the ill effects of sleeping under the ceiling fan.

23. There are always some `quirky' Feng Shui disharmonisers who always try to give bad news, over bad news.

24. But when it comes to giving proper advise, they will still continue to churn up bad news.

25. In the office, if one were to come up with bad news, one is expected to also come up with solutions.

26. Early, this year, a few users here was saying that after reading a book on Feng Shui, with all the negative connotations, they wondered why no solutions are given.

27. Is this `sensational' reporting, to sell fears and thus generate more income for the book?

28. In my opinion, life is short, and one feels confortable with the fan on, this is fine.

Sometimes it is better than having the aircon on as in an aircon environment, air is circulated in a closed environment.

Sometimes baterial (damp air) if the pipe is blocked etc.. may even be bad. The `sick air syndrome'.

29. Some FS practitioners believe that when the `metal' blades circulate, it is like disruption Qi with `metal'.

Some of these blades need not be made of metal. Some could be made with light plastic or wood.

>Can one keep plants in the
>toilet & bathroom?I have a
>moneyplant on the bathroom
>ledge, and a thick leaf, non
>thorny cactii type plant in
>the toilet.

These are small issues and feel free to do what you like.

Doing what you like or enjoy is different from being told, that one must place X here and X there.

>Many times I feel very
>irritated and vexed for no
>reason at all in my present
>house. Inspite of it being
>quite spacious, I feel
>cramped. I am trying to clean
>out all the clutter, but stuff
>like cupboards just have no
>other space to go to. Main
>entrance of house faces NE,
>and I am a SE house person.
>Any simple cleansing/calming
>remedy?

It depends on what kind of partipation you allow Feng Shui in your home.

If you are just inquisitve or merely a passer-by, you do not need to do a full audit.

But if you like to find out more, then, you should try to apply firstly, shapes and forms, then find out more about your personal `Eight House', `Flying Star' or Pillars. This would depend on individual as I mentioned, whether to do a full audit or just a `passer-by' of Feng Shui.

Each of us have to decide on the above.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources