Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Can one hang 5 bulbs in the bedroom
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 1882
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 8/14/1999 11:48 AM

Hi,

I like to share with you that Symbolism is again very important in Feng Shui.

Here it is more important to buy the correct type of lamp then deciding how many to use.

For example the best shapes of lightings are those with a profile that are pointed upwards:

/\
/ \

One should buy lightings that point upwards rather than downwards. This is to signify `progress' or an upward trend e.g. symbolic of success.

Let me share with that before the Bank of China building was built, the exterior design has a few " V " and later on the advice of a geomancy, the advise was to change it to " ^ " symbolic of an UP sign.

Therefore, here, the shape e.g. ^ is more important than say how many lights you have.

Ideally, for the number of lightings, it has to depend on the size of the room. If the room is only a few hundred square metres, having a lighting with 5 lamps looks pretty odd.

Again, the more important point is to understand the Yin and Yang concept:

What are we using the room for most of the time? To sleep or to `play'.

If we are going to use it for sleep, we should try to make it more of a yin environment. Imagine having 5 lamps looks more like a `Christmas' tree environment. It creates more towards a Yang location. Do you want it in the first place.

Therefore, what I am trying to do is to let everyone understand that we should get our fundamentals correct rather than look at only the surface.

If we continue to get our fundamentals correct, we will seldom ever go wrong.

I am always prepared to go all the way to `defend' my point of view by giving examples.

I hope, that we can each ask ourselves fundamental questions under Feng Shui e.g. what would the affect on Yin and Yang. Is this location Yin and Yang and what is the effect on the Five elements etc..

It is more important to also understand the concept. The purpose of having lights on both sides of the main entrance door is to keep the location `bright'. But if you are not going to turn on the lights.. it will not help if you place two lights just for show.

If your main entrance area is already lighted up or in our real world, you have an alarm sensor there, then it is ok not to have it.

One " commonsense " approach of keeping not only the main entrance but the surronding area of a landed property is to deter thieves ..not so much of Feng Shui.

Hope the above helps.

Cecil

On 8/14/99 6:27:07 AM, Anonymous wrote:
>Dear cecil,
>
>Can one hang 5 bulbs in the
>bedroom. In Which other room
>can we hang them.
>
>They say it is good to have 2
>lights on the either side of
>the main door. Is it true.
>Thanks.

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources