Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Cure for bad feng shui ?
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 12876
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 2/20/2003 04:43 AM

Dear Ken,

Please see below:-

On 2/19/2003 8:46:00 AM, K Chin wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am wondering if there are
>any cure
>for "bad" feng shui. Such as,
>my house's main door faces
>directly towards the balcony
>and Window thru the living
>room. Is it possible to place
>some object in between the
>main door and balcony / window
>in order to netralize that ?

The main purpose of Feng Shui is to deflect beneificial qi (or air movement) to allow it to meander and circulate within the house.

Often a Shapes and Form practitioner will `mentally' look at this flow. And it would be good that such qi or air can slower meander within or circulate within the confines of corners especially in the living dining (since most houses have both `connected' together).

It is an advantage that qi can (especially) if a partition added, help to `move' qi thru the centre flux towards other rooms (for a rectangular layout) and vice versa.

The best solution therefore is:

1. To use a screen or partition which should preferably cover at least up to the door height or higher towards the ceiling.

2. It has to be `air-tight' and not pigeon holes that allow air to leak.

3. This partition should not have a shoe rack store at it's base.

4. It should preferably be of an auspicious dimension proportionate to the size of the living room.

5. It should be position such that it can `properly' subdivide say the living room into a distinct rectangle and if the dining room is also in this area, both the living and dining room; after the placement of the partition - can be seen as two distinct rectangles. Since the rectange shape is particularly good for an `L' shaped living cum dining room.

CAUTION:
6. Avoid placing the partition too close to the main door. If so, it is symbolic of having a `burden' or a mountain at the main entrance area. Where one just enters the house, `hits one's head' against a wall.

7. Avoid half a screen where when one enters thru the main door, half side is a screen, the other half is a void. If such a partition is used, and if the partition is within 1 metre (approximately 3 feet) of the door, it should preferably be full width as the door.

8. In such a situation, it is preferred that part of the upper half is made of glass, to allow light (or light qi or natural light) to flow thru it. Else often because of the partition, the main door / entrance area can become too dark.

6. The last resort is to close the side of the window / balcony sliding door so that qi cannot flow directly out of the main door. But here, there is still some leak or a factor of -5 to -10 negative marks for the house/apartment Feng Shui.

Thus if say the overall house Feng Shui marks is 58 marks out of 100, deduct say 10 marks and the house Feng Shui now becomes 48 marks or a failing mark.

This type of leak combined with other leaks in the house can contribute to finance leak. At the best is - often one cannot save a single cent to always having negative cash flow.

Anything else, even the use of a symbolic hulu or bottle gourd is often considered as a sugar coated pill remedy.

This `sugar coated' pill remedy is what I often call "Man Luck" or "Human Luck" - "Feng Shui". To make the person feel good that's all that the leak is supposely fixed.

But, come 6 months or 1 year later, if one finds no result, it is like the concept of `Tom' robbing `Dic' to pay `Paul'.

Often, if one reads messages in a forum, by such Man Luck practitioners, one thus often hear of messages posted: " I tried what you had asked e.g. buying gold for my wealth corner" but did not work? Have I done it right?

And often, the Man Luck practitione will take advantage of this situation and say, please contact me or make an appointment for me to do another audit for you.

We can often use `Man Luck' as an excuse, some of the time, but, this is not the correct approach.

>And, my sleeping position
>faces West which happens to be
>a "death" position. Besides
>moving my bed,
>is there anything I can do,
>such as, placing
>some auspicious objects behind
>the bed etc.

It is "nice-to-have" a sleeping position that faces West. But if one cannot do so, than, try to see if we are sleeping in one of our auspicious sectors.

If this is not possible, then don't try to squeeze out anymore of the Eight House Theory.

It is meant to let us have a flavour. (Full Stop).

This is why I often, request new users to know the Purpose of each concept, their strengths and weakness.

Let us not ponder over something which it is near impossible to change. If one owns or even lease this house for some period, the only RESORT in applying this theory is to move out.

Impossible to do so? Then, (Full Stop with the Eight House). Try to bring up our luck in other areas. For example, try to harmonize the room or house colours to our ba zi and each family member's ba zi.

Let's not cry over it. This is often our Key failure. We can hope and dream. But, this is not effective.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources